Culture On my radar

 This week, a read about Chappell Roan´s concert in "On my radar" from guardian. In the snapshot they talk about how good her perfomance is, and they wish they had bought tickets before it became popular, because now, the tickects to her concert are very expensive. However, she is a very good artist and seeing her performance is absolutely worth it. Finally they end by saying that if you don't have tickects, you can always see it on NPR Tiny Desk Concert.

I liked what they said about her quality as an artist, her comparison with Kate Bush and Lady Gaga caught my attention. I think I might get to listen to it one day.

This reading inspired me to make my own culture radar.


1. Concert

Taylor Swift



If you don't live under a rock, you've probably heard about The Eras Tour, an incredibly well done concert. Taylor Swift leaves her soul on stage in all shows, full of unmatched choreography and performances. Unfortunately not everyone can go, and if like me you were left wanting, you can always watch the entire concert on Disney Plus.


2. TV

My lady Jane (Amazon prime)



My Lady Jane is a period series with fantasy, based on real events, it tells the story of Lady Jane Grey, a young noblewoman who at the age of 17 was crowned queen of England, to be sentenced to death 9 days later, this series gives her a twist to the story adding fantasy and a happy ending, for all history lovers. It also has a very special romance.


3. Book

Fourth Wing



Fourth Wing is a new 2023 adult fantasy romance novel by American author Rebecca Yarros. It is a wonderful book, with action, romance and moments that leave you on the edge of your seat, the characters are unforgettable, and you are going to cry, laugh and wish you had a dragon, because it does have dragons. This book has been trending all over the internet and the truth is that it doesn't surprise me.


4. Music

Sabrina Carpenter



Sabrina Carpenter's new song, "please, please, please". It's been all over the internet and I couldn't agree more. It's a hit no matter how you look at it, it's catchy, the lyrics are very cute and she sings it very wellIn addition to being a hit in itself, she accompanied its release with an incredible music video, starring her own boyfriend Barry Keoghan. With this release she reaffirms her position as a top artist, and I can't wait for what she will release after this.


5. Movie

Pride and prejudice



Despite being a film from 2005, this work is still constantly on my radar, I feel that it will never go out of style, no matter what is happening in my life. I will always be able to see this film, and in my opinion all the world should. It is a beautiful film, and very deep.



 

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Five favourites things

A memory of a school teacher